Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Where in The World is Geoffrey (the giraffe)

The girls and I recently read the book titled Flat Stanley.  I had heard about children sending out their own  Flat Stanleys to various places and teachers using this project as a way to study geography and improving writing skills, etc.  I thought that my girls might enjoy learning a little geography.  
So instead of making a flat Stanley, we decided to make Geoffrey the giraffe.  My oldest has a thing for giraffes.  
We would love to see Geoffrey visit each of the 50 states at least once and whatever country we can also get him to.

As of this past Monday, April 16th 2012 we have sent a Geoffrey out to Honolulu Hawaii, Foster City California, and Karlsruhe Germany.  I will be sending one out to Richberg, South Carolina very soon.  I don't want to send out more than Four Geoffreys at a time. I would like to have some time to think of activities and read books on each of the areas/states/countries that Geoffrey visits.  What a lucky giraffe Geoffrey will be!  I wish that I could see all of these wonderful places myself, until then I will have to live vicariously through a paper giraffe!
Stay posted I will be updating as our giraffe visits and share some of the activities and books that we read along the way.
~Laura









No comments:

Post a Comment