Thursday, April 26, 2012

Up~Cycled Challenge on PR&P

This week's challenge was to create an outfit from recycled or organic materials.  This challenge had a rough start in the beginning to the point that I had lost enthusiasm for the project, but then I came across an old shirt of mine and sparks began to fly again.  I had started to make a ruffled dress from one of the green shirts but it just did look as great as I wanted it to.  I still have it and I will probably finish it off and let my oldest use it as a night gown or for dress~up play.  
The items that I used for this project were an old pair of my mom's jeans, an old shirt of mine and 2 shirts purchased from Salvation Army (they were both 50% off their ticked price).  


 The elastic for the waistband was even up~cycled from a pair of mens underwear!!

 Here is the finished project being modeled by my two lovely assistants!



So what do you think? 
Oh and guess what next weeks challenge is:  Color Challenge. We have to pick a color and make an outfit based on that color.
If you would like to see what other readers of PR&P have done with the challenge check out their Photos of the Up~Cycle Challenge here.
~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment