Thursday, December 1, 2011

Horton/Dr. Seuss Dress



Ok I've had Horton the elephant on the brain lately.  Mostly due to a plan to see Seussical this month.  My mom gave me some fabric that she has had lying around and one that was a blue gaberdine that made me think of Horton the elephant.
I've also been on a dress making kick for my oldest who is a little Fancy Nancy (minus the red curly hair and speaking in French).  She loves wearing dresses as of late.  So much so that she gives me a hard time about wearing pants.
When I saw the blue fabric my thought was "Horton the elephant" and next was " I should make my oldest a dress to wear when we go to see Seussical.
But I'd like some help.
I have a couple of questions that I would like my friends to chime in on.

1.  Should I add a same material ruffle to the bottom of the dress OR just hem it up?
2.  The pink circle is representative of the clover that Horton carried around the Whoville speck.  Does it look good where I have taped it?  The black ribbon will be replaced with green ribbon that has been gathered and then sewn into place.

Looking forward to what you'll think!
~Laura

The Finished Dress...drum roll please.

I like how the dress turned out and just in time for my daughter to wear it to the Seussical!!!  It definitely looks a lot better in person.  
~Laura

1 comment: