Monday, August 13, 2012

Where did the Air Go?

I decided to try a little science experiment with my girls today.  This idea from something that I came across on Pinterest and if you are interested check out this website: Learn with Play at Home.  It looks like a blog that I need to do some more exploring of!  

My daughter took this picture which is neat because you can see the round water droplets as they are being pushed out through the straw.


 The experiment that we did was with a water bottle fountain.


We did it this part a couple of times and recorded one of them.  I really should have angled the straw better, but I'm not sure if it would have made that much of a difference.  
 The fountain part of the  was the end of our water bottle fountain experiment.  You will want to let them hold an untied and blown up balloon.  Ask them what is inside the balloon.  My daughter's first answer was nothing.  With further prodding she was able to come up with the answer of "air." What happened when they let go of the blown up balloon?  The next step is to attach the blown up balloon to the empty bottle.  Find out what they observe.   The ballon didn't deflate ~ Why?
And then lastly discuss what is causing the water to come out through the straw.
This was fun!  We hope that you will give it a try too!
~Laura  

This land will be yours, for the LORD your God will himself drive out all the people living there now. You will take possession of their land, just as the LORD your God promised you. Joshua 23:5

No comments:

Post a Comment