Friday, June 29, 2012

Tangled Birthday Party

This photo and a few to follow of my daughter are few days after her party.  I wanted to get a few photos of her in her Rapunzel dress.  I made the dress and Rapunzel hair using a Simplicity pattern that I purchased at JoAnn Fabrics.  I'm currently using the same pattern that I am tweaking to make a Snow White dress for my girls dress~up play box.  When I'm finally finished with it I'll share some pictures with you all!


I've been wanting to post about our Tangled Birthday Party for a while I just haven't taken the time to do so.

Activities/Crafts

The activities for the party were a lot of fun. 
I provided a table for the kids to make 2 different crafts during the party.  The first one is a Pascal (the Chameleon) party blower.  This idea came from Family Fun (a Disney Magazine).  You can get the instructions for this at the link above.  I happened to have some peel and stick foam that was a whole lot easier and less mess.

The second craft was one that I kind created with the help of Martha Stewart.  I cut out paper lanterns and added vellum windows with pictures of Tangled characters printed on them and a battery operated tea light candle hanging inside.   This craft was a little more difficult for the younger ones to do.

Some time during the party I read a Rapunzel story to our guests.  Falling for Rapunzel by Leah Wilcox.  This story was a lot of fun and rhymed throughout.







Now for the Games!
Game 1
As soon as the guests arrived they were told that Flynn Rider (Eugene Fitzherbert) and the Stabbington Brothers had dropped some of the royal jewels they had stolen and that while the kids were at the party they were to look for the jewels.  This was easy I just purchased a bunch of plastic jewels and hid them around my house.
Game 2
The guests were also told that Rapunzel and Pascal had been playing hide and seek and that Rapunzel would like their help in finding Pascal.  For this game I cut out a bunch of Pascals and hid them around my house.  
Game 3
Pin the Frying pan on Flynn Rider.
For this I drew an enlarged picture of one of Flynn Rider's wanted posters and then cut out frying pans.
You can use super mom moments PDF to print out frying pans.  You should also check out her blog post of the Tangled Party that she put on for some additional ideas.  Check her post out HERE.

Sweet Treats

As for the cake I'm not as thrilled with how my tower cake turned out.  I could not get the fondant to stay onto the tower of iced donuts. 
For each of the guests they got a cupcake that was made to look like a cherry pie.  I had been trying to decide whether to make pie(s) for the party rather than a cake since Rapunzel performed many domestic duties while imprisoned in her tower.  One of those duties/tasks was baking pies.  The idea for the cherry pie cupcakes idea came when I received my Family Fun magazine and at the end of the magazine was the how to for making cupcakes to look like cherry pies.  You can find out how HERE.




My oldest got to blow out a candle for her sisters party as well!

Have yourself a Happily Ever After!


~Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment